"If you spend the majority of your days in the company of babies, toddlers, tweens or teens, then your happiness will be directly proportional to your ability to laugh often and enjoy the chaos. The child-rearing years, in particular, are meant to be hectic, playful, and fun!"
-Rachel Campos-Duffy

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Soft Hearts






7/22/17

Yesterday began with more tears.  I'm leaving for a week in Detroit with 24 6th, 7th & 8th graders from church.  A week seems like a very finite & precious amount of time in the middle of a disease.

I poured my heart out to Brad.  I don't know how to navigate this uncharted course.  Where do I find the step by step instruction manual?  It seems so hard & difficult, but in the midst of it I hope & pray there is beauty, grace & love.

I pray that God's Big Love shows up in Detroit.  That it shows up in beauty among pain & heartbreak, that it shows up as Jesus through the compassion of people's eyes & that it shows up through signs that only God could have orchestrated.

In the process of this journey I find myself praying that Jesus keeps my Granny's heart soft (mine, too!) Soft enough to give, receive or just ask.  That's what Jesus wants from us, too.  He wants us to stay soft.  To stay open to his Goodness in a world in which there are so many days that can make us hard & bitter.  Jesus wants to give & receive & yes, he wants us to ask as well.

"Above all else guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." Proverbs 4:23

Lord, keep our hearts soft....

💕 Heidi


No comments:

Background